If you are you facing some issues in Google Workspace and want to migrate from Google Workspace to Office 365?
You are at the right place. Here we will share with you the top methods to Migrate Google Workspace to Office 365.
In this article, we will remove all the queries you have such as “How do I transfer data from G Suite to Office 365?” etc. We will elaborate with you on a step-by-step guide to the migration process.
The manual method and the professional method will be part of the solution. We also recommend the best third-party tools. Because there are many fake tools available in the market. So we only suggest reliable and secure tools. So that you can easily complete the Google Workspace to Microsoft 365 migration process. Before starting the process first, we need to know about Google Workspace and Office 365.
Introduction of Google Workspace and Office 365
It is a cloud-based service of Google products introduced by Google. It was formerly known as G Suite. Google renamed it Google Workspace. Google Workspace consists of many applications and services that are designed to help the user in their big businesses and organizations.
Google Workspace is designed to provide the best experience to the users. It is used by businesses, educational institutions, and other organizations. Users can access Google Workspace applications with web browsers and mobile applications, which makes it a perfect solution.
There are some useful tools of Google Workspace those are mentioned below to migrate from Google Workspace to Office 365.
- Gmail: It is a popular email client with a quick search function and many other advanced features.
- Docs: It is a text-processing application that allows users to edit and sharing of documents.
- Drive: It can be considered a cloud storage service that allows users to store, and share their documents, spreadsheets, presentations, etc. in real time.
- Sheets: It is a spreadsheet application with real-time collaboration features.
Office 365 is a suite, just like a G suite. It is a cloud-based service which is introduced by Microsoft. It has some useful applications created to help users in communication, effectively. It can be accessed by web browsers, desktop applications, and mobile apps.
The suite is very popular in big businesses, educational institutions, and government institutes because it has great products and features. It is popular for its best security features. It has various security facilities, such as Advanced Threat Protection, and Data Loss Prevention which protects user’s data.
There are some most advanced tools of Office 365, mentioned below.
- MS Word: It is an application used for creating and editing documents.
- MS PowerPoint: Presentations can be created through this application.
- MS Excel: An application used for creating and analyzing data.
- MSOutlook: An email client and personal information managing application.
It is a detailed overview of the G Suite and the Office 365. Now will see the methods for migrating from Google Workspace to Microsoft 365.
Manual Method to Migrate From Google Workspace to Office 365
Many articles claim that they can perform email migration from G Suite to Office 365 in the simplest way. But, the reality is different, So we bring you the best two solutions to migrate G Suite to Office 365.
#1: Migrate Google Workspace to Office 365
Here are the following steps to perform the G Suite / Google Workspace to Office 365 migration:-
Step 1: Create a Service account for G Suite
- Go to the browser.
- Now use this URL https://console.cloud.google.com/projectselector2/iam-admin/serviceaccounts?supportedpurview=project
- Here, you are required to sign in for a Google Workspace account.
- Now Assign the new project name and tap on the Create button.
- Go to the Created service account, Assign a new name to the service account, and click on the Create option.
- Now, you have to click Continue.
- Allow permissions and tap the Create Key.
- Select JSON and click on the Create.
- After that, To see your Unique ID, Just tap on the Email of the Service account
- Now check the Enable G Suite Domain-wide Delegation option and close the tab.
Step 2: Enable API usage to Migrate From Google Workspace to Office 365
- Go to the page of the API library developer and enter the credentials of G Suite to log in.
- Now, open the project which you have created in Step 1.
- Now simply enable the Gmail API, contacts API, and Google Calendar API.
Step 3: Provide access to the Google Service account
- Open the Admin Panel of the Google Workspace.
- Now follow: Security >> Advanced Settings >> Manage API client access.
- Just fill in the client ID in the Client Name, and add the mentioned URL:
- https://mail.google.com/, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar, https://www.google.com/m8/feeds/, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gmail.settings.sharing
- At the end, tap on the Authorize button to check the final result.
Step 4: Add Mail to MS Office 365
- Begin the G Suite Admin Panel, click Domains >> Add/remove domains >> Add a domain or a domain alias.
- Further, if you have chosen the Add another domain option, Then you must enter the domain name and click Continue to verify ownership.
Step 5: Add Mail to Google Workspace
- Start the G Suite Admin Panel and follow
- Domains> Add/remove domains > Add a domain.
- Choose an option: Add a domain alias of…… and type the domain name.
- Then, Continue to verify its ownership.
Step 6: Verify User Account in Microsoft 365
Now Google Workspace is ready to migrate data from Google Workspace to Microsoft 365. Make sure you have checked all the user’s account sync with Office 365 before the migration process.
Step 7: Begin G Suite to Office 365 Migration by Using EAC
- Open the Exchange Admin Center and go for Recipients >> Migration.
- Click the “+” icon to select Migrate to Exchange Online.
- Select the G Suite migration and hit Next from the migration batch window.
- Go for the option Choose File and browse the CSV file consisting of the email address.
- Click Next.
- Fill in the Email address of the G Suite user to ensure connectivity.
- Choose File to browse the JSON file and hit Next.
- Fill in the new migration batch name and sub-domain name on the other wizard. and click Next.
- Choose a user name, you want to send the migration report. Now click New to perform email migration from G Suite to Office 365.
- Go to the Exchange Admin Center and click Recipients and then Migration window. It shows you the synchronization and status of the process.
- These are some steps to migrating from Google Workspace to Microsoft 365. Now we are going to see the professional method.
Professional Method to Migrate from Google Workspace to Office 365
We strongly recommend you use the G Suite to Office 365 Migration Tool. It is the most reliable and trusted tool that helps the user to perform email migration. And you can easily migrate Google Workspace to Office 365, Contacts, Calendars, Drive, Docs, Slide Sheets, etc.
Along with migration, It also provides you the facility to convert various file formats in many distinct file formats. It comes with a free demo version and it is widely compatible with all the versions of Windows OS. Follow these mentioned steps to quick migration.
- Download the tool and launch it.
- Now provide the G Suite Credentials and hit the Sign in.
- After the login, Select the required items and hit Next.
- Choose the G Suite item you wish to migrate and press Next.
- Select the destination Microsoft Office 365 from the Save As option.
- Choose all the remaining migration options and click Next.
- Further, click on the Start Migration Button to start Google Workspace to Microsoft 365 migration.
In this article, we have shared the most relevant methods to migrate from Google Workspace to Office 365, And hope that your query ”How do I migrate from Google Workspace to Office 365?” has been removed. However, the manual method is easy to approach but it comes with some limitations and it is a much time-consuming process.
Therefore, we have shared an alternative solution using the third-party tool. This method gives you 100% accurate results in less time. It is an easy-to-use and less time-consuming process. So we suggest you go with this tool with no concern about the data integrity.